There are three physical network operators (MNOs) in Greece:
- Vodafone Greece
- Wind Greece
All three MNOs have closely attached subsidiaries that resell their offers: Frog Mobile on Cosmote, Tazamobile on Vodafone and Q on Wind. There are hardly independent MVNOs on the market.
|Cosmote||900, 1800||2100, 900||1800 (B3), 2600 (B7), 800 (B20)|
|Vodafone||900, 1800||2100, 900||1800 (B3), 2600 (B7), 800 (B20)|
|Wind||900, 1800||2100||1800 (B3), 2600 (B7), 800 (B20)|
The bands found in bold are the main ones for each carrier.
Cosmote has the best coverage and the fastest speeds, while Wind has the cheapest prices at the lowest coverage nationwide and slowest speeds. Vodafone is in between regarding the prices (however Giga Wifi on the spot for data only is the cheapest of them all), but sometimes their 3G/4G speed can be as slow as Wind's or as fast as Cosmote's
Speeds and Coverage
- Cosmote 2G/3G/4G Coverage. 4G/LTE covers at least 95% of population in 2018. 4G+ can be found in many areas and 3CA (3+7+20) is very common in big cities achieving great speeds (up to 300 Mbps). Even if your phone does not support 4G+, the speeds that you will achieve are great. It is currently the fastest (overall) network
- Vodafone 2G/3G/4G Coverage. The 4G speeds are ok-ish but don#t expect anything crazy-fast especially in remote areas or villages. 4G+ or 2CA (3+20 or 3+7) can be found in very big cities/busy areas. They claim to have 4G speeds faster than anyone else, but that is not the case
- Wind 4G Coverage (Be aware! The following map exaggerates regarding the real-life coverage).Their 4G speeds are usually slow and thus they are the slowest (overall) network in Greece. In many tourist attractions, Wind has done a great job and their 4G speeds are acceptable. 4G+ or 2CA is not common in Wind but when it is found, it usually is B3+B20 or B7+B20
You can buy a SIM card in an official branded shop of the operator and from distributor points. As of June 2017, Wind SIM cards are available in the departures lounge (not arrivals) of Athens International Airport in the Public Connect shop if you are making a connection in Athens. The Germanos store selling Cosmote SIM cards has closed.
Be aware that many shops prefer to sell more expensive bundles (e.g. with mobile phones or with 3G USB modem sticks) pretending they ran out of stock of naked prepaid SIM cards. But where they sell bundles, they need to have SIM cards too.
With all the three MNO providers you have the choice between a call, text and data SIM card, and a data-only SIM with lower data rates but no calls and SMS possible. Each MNO has its own MVNO which only sells one SIM card and doesn't need to be a better deal. MVNOs are harder to find, don't have sales points in the countryside and limited support only. Here is a survey of their products:
Mobile Internet prepaid
|Giga Wifi on the Spot,
All SIM cards from Greek carriers (pre-paid ones) last for 12 months. The 13th month will be the last one before your SIM is rendered useless. However, to maintain any balance left in your account, you need to top-up at least every 2 months. Otherwise your balance will be lost. Incoming calls will be blocked after the 3rd month without any top-up.
The least amount that you can top-up with every carrier is €10. No matter the amount of the top-up, the balance will last for 2 months. Exceptions may apply.
Vodafone offers Facebook Zero in its limited mobile Facebook browser version for free. Thus you can use Facebook Messenger through Zero for private messages without data consumption. You can stay connected and send personal messages to your friends. On Zero you can still post, like/dislike and comment, but you can not see or send any pics or videos. If you try to move beyond the free allowance, you will get a warning.
Cosmote is the national provider with the most subscribers and the best coverage in 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE. 4G is given out without surcharge to all customers including prepaid plans. See above for more info regarding frequencies, speeds and coverage maps
You can buy Cosmote prepaid packages in their official shops (preferred) or from street distributors. There is no place to buy the SIM card in the Athens airport, but their ads are hanging almost everywhere. No kiosks, no gadget shops, no distribution point - you will need to buy it in the city. Central office in Athens located near Syntagma square subway station. Distributors (usually working students) are also often noticed there.
You can also buy the SIM cards and connection kits (SIM card + cheap simple mobile phone or USB modem) in their "Germanos" gadget stores (stores locator). Germanos staff tend to speak English and the activation process is very simple and fast. Cosmote offices other than at Syntagma Square are mostly oriented to Greek customers and may require a new customer to execute a very involved bureaucratic process.
You will need your passport or ID card to activate their package. You should also sign the terms and conditions agreement. Some people report successful registration with driver license or student ID card. You can also try asking the distributor to sell the SIM card without showing your ID, but this is illegal according the law.
Cosmote offers 2 different prepaid packages - "Cosmokarta" and "What's Up". Both tariff lines have different combined packages, but the same data-only bundles. You can change between the two plans by texting 'ALPAK' to 1314. The first change is free. All subsequent changes cost €3.
Recharging and account management 
You can top up your account online here using EU PayPal accounts, Visa/MasterCard EU-issued credit cards or now any card registered in the security program 3D Secured / Mastercard SecureCode / Verified by Visa. Minimal recharge amount is €10. A 12% state telecommunication tax is applied to all top-ups. So if you load 10 €, you'll actually get €9.52 net worth. When you recharge online for €30 , you will get €3 bonus.
The validity period of the connection is 13 months since the initial activation or the latest top up of cash balance. The validity period of cash balance is 2 months (60 days) from the last top up. If 3 months (90) pass without any new top up, barring on incoming and outgoing calls, text messages and Internet usage is automatically activated.
You can also recharge in Cosmote offices and Germanos stores or buy the top-up voucher.
- To check the account balance, send SMS with 'ΥΡ' to 1314,
- To check the expiration date, send SMS with 'LIXI' to 1314,
You can also use Cosmote mobile applications (in Greek only, but shows the balance and remaining allowances quite straightforward without any registration):
- Generic Cosmote My Account application (can be used with any Cosmote prepaid package including What's Up)
- What's Up branded application (less features, only prepaid-related options, very easy)
Their common prepaid SIM card for talk, text and data is called Cosmokarta.
Available for €5 without credit in their Cosmote or Germanos stores. For a list click on Cosmote and Germanos shops here and know how your place and prefecture is written in Greek. You can also obtain a SIM card from specific kiosks and service stations, but this is not preferred.
4G/LTE is enabled by default, wherever there is coverage. Both combi micro/regular and nano SIMs are sold.
Originally started as their youth line, but is open to everyone. New starter package costs €5. It can be empty (without any credits), but there is a promotion with €10 preloaded. So you can pay only €10 and get the SIM card with €10 credits.
When you insert the new SIM card at the first time, it will ask for a PIN code printed on the SIM card plate.
Dial any number to activate your package. You can dial the free service number 1314 and listen to the greetings message. After this your line is activated.
Same packages can be added as for Cosmokarta.
Data feature packages
Base rate is €0.20 per MB with €2 maximum daily charge for 10 MB before blocked.
These bundles can be activated on both Cosmokarta and What's up and have slightly different names:
|Data||EU cap||Time||Price||Cosmokarta||What's up||SMS to 1330|
|1 GB||500 MB||24 hours||€1||GIGA DAY||#GIGA_day||gigaday|
|3 GB||700 MB||24 hours||€1.50||GIGA DAY MAX||#GIGA_dayMAX||daymax|
|3 GB||950 MB||weekend||€2||GIGA ΣΚ||#GIGA_SouKou||gigask|
|3 GB||1.85 GB||7 days||€4||GIGA WEEK||#GIGA_week||3GB|
|1 GB||1 GB||30 days||€8.50||GIGA MONTH||#GIGA_month||1GB|
Weekend is valid Friday 6pm until Sunday/Monday at midnight and can be activated from Monday until Saturday. The day pack is activated once even if there is not enough balance. The amount will be charged after the new top-up, provided that the balance has already been topped up within the last 2 months.
All packages can be subscribed by calling 1330 free of charge. They can be renewed anytime. Other packages for domestic calls and SMS are offered: see here all the packs for Cosmokarta and here all the packs for What's up (in Greece only). These social bundles are offered for 30 days:
- Chat Now: 2 GB for chat apps : €4.50 , activation: C1
- Social Now: 2 GB for social media apps: €4.50 , activation: S1
- Play Now unlimited: unlimited data for video and music streaming: €15 (EU cap: 6.8 GB), activation: V3
- Play Now: 5 GB (EU cap: 4 GB) for video and music streaming : €4.50 , activation: V1
- Social & Chat now: 700 MB data, 2 GB: €8.50 , activation: S3
- Play Now Combo: 700 MB data, 2 GB for video and music streaming: €8.50 , activation: V4
Chat apps include WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook Messenger; social media apps Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Tik tok; video and music streaming YouTube, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, Tidal. For activation text code to 1330.
For night use 10pm-8am they have released an After Dark package with 10 GB for 30 days within this time period for €5. Up to 2 packages per month can be activated. No roaming on this package.
Mobile Internet Prepaid
Their prepaid SIM for data-only has the following starter packs available:
- €20 for COSMOTE SIM Pack includes SIM card only with 8 GB for 90 days.
- €79 for COSMOTE 4G Full Pack includes 4G Pocket Wi-Fi (Huawei 5573 or Alcatel MW40) and SIM with 50 GB for 6 months
- €129 for COSMOTE 4G Full Pack includes 4G Wi-Fi router and SIM with 50 GB for 12 months
You can activate these packages called "Mobile Internet Prepaid" in up to 4G/LTE speeds for more data:
|€10||10 GB||30 days|
|€25||50 GB||30 days|
|€80||120 GB||365 days|
Passes can be activated on their website only through connections using the Cosmote SIM, free of charge; their website may allow online payment for passes, but only one payment per day can be made.
Note, that users report that this data-only SIM can't be used for roaming abroad. It only works in Greece.
EU roaming (except on the Mobile Internet Prepaid data-only offer)
Starting in 2017 Cosmote has implemented "roam like at home" principles for roaming all over the EU. Data volumes up to the indicated EU cap can be used without surcharges on their Cosmokarta and What's up offers, except the night package. All use beyond is charged with 0.434c per MB extra. There seems to be no roaming on the Mobile Internet Prepaid data-only offer.
- APN: internet
- You can user VPN internet as the APN name after calling customer support, to enable port forwarding features etc on supported clients
- Website, only partly in English, completely in Greek: http://www.cosmote.gr/
Frog Mobile is a subsidiary or sub-brand of Cosmote on their network in 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE. In the beginning, Frog Mobile offered cheaper calling rates than other Cosmote prepaid offerings. Now there is very little difference between the calling rates of all 3 Cosmote prepaid offerings.
There are discounted or free offerings for Frog to Frog messaging and calling. If you know other Frog subscribers, that is a reason to ask for Frog Mobile SIM. Otherwise, main-line Cosmote offerings such as Cosmokarta and What's Up seem to be better supported than Frog.
Their starter called connection pack is sold for €5 in kiosks and other outlets like Cosmote branded stores (for store locator see Cosmote above). It contains €5 credit, but only €0.04 are given out from the start. €1.24 credit are awarded for the next 5 months provided if there is a top-up.
They are really hard to find. Stores usually claim that they don't have Frog SIM cards. They do that in order to make you choose What's UP. You can change your What's UP bundle to Frog by sending 'ALPAK' to 1314
To activate your connection pack, you have to call any number. Once you dial it, you will hear a recorded message welcoming you to Frog mobile saying that your number has been activated.
Top-up vouchers for €10 are available at their oulets, Germanos and Cosmote stores. To top up, text "ANA<blank><16-digit top-up code>" to 1298. Check credit by sending "YP" to 1298 free of charge.
As a gift for new subscribers 500 MB are given out for free for 6 months when to top-up €10 or use at least 500 MB. This bonus can't be used for international roaming.
Default rate is the daily rate of €1.01 per 24 hours day. After 20 MB the speed will be throttled.
These very similar packages to Cosmote are offered:
- 1 GB (EU cap: 500 MB) for 24 hours: €1 , activation: gigaday
- 3 GB (EU cap: 700 MB) for 24 hours: €1.50 , activation: gigadaymax
- 3 GB Friday 6pm - Sunday midnight (EU cap: 950 MB): €2 , activation: gigask
- 3 GB (EU cap: 1.85 GB) for 7 days: €4 , activation: 3GB
- 2 GB for 30 days: €8.50 , activation: gigamonth
- 5 GB (EU cap: 3.8 GB) for 25 days: €8.50 , activation: 14200
The social media bundles Play Now, Play Now Unlimited, Social Now and Chat Now mentioned under Cosmote can be added for the same price.
Packs can be activated by calling 1330 or sending code to 1330 for free. Activation of multiple packs per month is possible. Overuse is at the default rate.
Subscribers to Frog mobile can use all their allowances in the tariffs without surcharges within the EU countries up to the given limit, if restricted.
- APN: internet
- Website partly in English: http://www.frogmobile.gr/en
Vodafone Greece is the 2nd network in Greece. See above for more info regarding frequencies, speeds and coverage maps
4G/LTE is available and it is already on in new connections but sometimes it does not seem to be activated by default and you have to activate it yourself by sending SMS with '4GNAI' to 1285, which will then be enabled within 24 hours.
The voice, text and data SIM are called Vodafone Prepay or Vodafone CU. The connection set for Prepay is 5 EUR. Getting the Vodafone CU set is recommended. But you can change both tariff lines once per month by calling 1266.
There is an option to have an only data sim card called Giga WiFi on the spot which is the recommended (and so far the cheapest) method if you only need data in Greece.
It is recommended to buy a SIM card directly from a Vodafone store and have it activated there: Store Locator in English. For this you need to know the prefecture. Although you can buy a prepaid SIM from specific kiosks, service stations or supermarkets, it's preferred to do it from a Vodafone store to avoid delays in the activation process of your SIM. A SIM activated from a Vodafone store will be instantly activated.
Recharge vouchers are available for €10, €15, €20 and €30 , and can be obtained from kiosks, service stations and super markets. You can also top-up your account online, with credit card or PayPal. A 12% tax applies. If you load €5, you'll get €4.86 worth of balance. To check your balance, make a free call to 1252, change language, then option 1 from top menu. There doesn't seem to be an SMS or USSD option for checking balance.Vodafone Greece has reduced from 4 to 3 months the grace period in which prepaid users can still make or receive calls, send or receive SMS and use data if they don't top-up. The change applies from 04/Jun/2019 for users of all prepaid plans including Tazamobile. The interval after which the subscribers' phone number will be disconnected from the network if no talk time renewal takes place remains at 12 months.
Vodafone Giga WiFi on the spot (for Greek nationals only)
Available only to Greek nationals with valid tax number.
Vodafone offers a data only sim with the option to buy the MiFi device. You need to go to a Vodafone shop and show your ID. The optional MiFi device costs €39.90 (you could use your own device or an old mobile phone as a hotspot or your own mobile phone) and the pay-as-you-go plans are the following:
Giga Boost 10 GB for 30 days: €9.90 (EU FUP: 5 GB) Giga Boost 40 GB for 30 days: €19.90 (EU FUP: 10 GB) Purchase of packages is through the myvmb website. You can renew your 30 days subscription, even if you do not have any data (in that case from the device that the SIM is in), by going to the www.vodafone.gr/myvmb website. 200 MB of data per month are free. In case your device asks for the APN, it is: internet
These black package prepaid SIMs are sold by street vendors. As of May 2022, they cost 10EUR for a claimed data of 30GB for 30 days. However some quota are only for social networking and streaming, and is valid only for 7 days.
Your account and remaining data can be managed via My CU app. However non-Greece Android phones might not be able to install the app, in which case manually download the XAPK from online repositories like APKpure.com and install using XAPK manager app.
The connection set for Vodafone CU is free but they may make your top-up with €10. Just decline and do it online so you can get more free 'gifts'
Some connections of Vodafone CU will be, by default, registered to the auto activation service of a bundle of 250 domestic minutes and 500 MB for €8.50. With the auto activation service every time you top up €10 or more, the bundle of 250 minutes to all and 500 MB for 1 month will be automatically activated with an 8.50 € charge from your account. You can disable that any time from my account or the "My CU" app.
You can add these plans:
|1 GB||500 MB||24 hours||€1||17|
|3 GB||700 MB||24 hours||€1.50||25|
|5 GB||1.4 GB||weekend (*)||€3||18|
|4 GB||2.3 GB||7 days||€5||W|
|12 GB||3.2 GB||30 days
(*) = The weekend pack is valid Fridays 6pm until midnight Sun/Mon.Activation is by texting code to 1252 or online. It's intended for smartphones and can be purchased by an activation call from a Prepay Vodafone or CU SIM card. Other packages for voice, text or roaming are shown here.
For social media Vodafone gives out these passes valid for 30 days:
- Social & Chat Pass: 2 GB for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Linkedin, Tumblr, Telegram, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber: €5
- Video & Music Pass: 5 GB for YouTube, Vimeo, Daily Motion, Netflix, Napster, Spotify, Amazon Prime Video & Deezer: €5
- Weekly Video & Music Pass: pass from above with 5 GB valid for 7 days: €2
All passes can be used in Europe with all included volumes.
The true volume of internet on Social & Chat is 3GB while for the Video & Music is 6GB if you visit the Vodafone site it says that offers 2GB and 5GB but when it is activated you will have 3GB and 6GB
Other prepaid plans
It's not recommended to get these following plans of prepaid SIM card. Instead CU (see above) is strongly recommended. It's intended for smartphones and can be purchased by an activation call from a Prepay Vodafone card. They have three product lines:
- Vodafone Καρτοκινητό Prepaid: Base tariff is the daily pack with €2 for 1 GB per day. You can add the passes and data packs from CU too.
- Vodafone International: This plan has reduced foreign call rates and features a base data pack of 5 GB for 25 days at €8.50. Other packs and passes can be added too (see above).
- Vodafone You: This plan comes with 500 mins + 800 MB for €11 , 600 mins + 800 MB for €12 or 400 mins + 1.6 GB for €13 as base plan. You can add all the other packages too (see above).
From 2017 prepaid customers can use their home bundles voice, SMS and data based on the charges of their tariff plan or any additional bundle, without extra charge in the EU, EEA and UK up to the volume indicated as EU cap.
- APN for KartoInternet: web.session
- APN for Prepay and CU: webonly.vodafone.gr / internet.vodafone.gr
- VoIP: Supposedly, they ban VoIP according to their terms, but Skype and some others work without a problem. Some other users had problems with certain VoIP apps/software.
- Website in Greek only: http://www.vodafone.gr
- Website in Greek for CU: https://www.vodafonecu.gr/
Tazamobile is a MVNO on Vodafone network in 2G, 3G and 4G. Be aware that the points of sale to get a SIM card are limited, as you can't obtain a SIM card directly from a Vodafone store.
Mostly the SIMs and top-up vouchers can be purchased at small kiosks that sell magazines and newspapers, found scattered around the city centers. But you can find actual Taza stores: store locator too, but they may be hard to find. There is also now a "Taza Van", which is essentially a moving Tazamobile shop, which you may sometimes see on the streets. With the SIM card you get a welcome bonus of 500 MB and 100 local minutes.
Getting a Tazamobile top-up voucher is not difficult, because regular Vodafone top-up vouchers and e-top up work too on Taza. They give out 500 MB data bonus and 600 on-net minutes for the 1st top-up of the month of €10 or more. Top-up amount is valid for 90 days. Dial 1252 to check your credit and validity.
For validity check Vodafone above. To activate 4G on your device, text '4GNAI' to 1285
Base rate is the daily rate of €2 per 1 GB per day. To deactivate text 'X' to 19109 and you'll be charged €0.20 per MB instead. To re-enlist text 'A'.
The following package options are available, which can be renewed up to 8 times per month:
|1 GB||24 hours||€1||1D to 1252|
|3 GB||24 hours||€1.50||1DL to 1252|
|5 GB||weekend||€2||3GIGA to 1252|
|4 GB||7 days||€5||W to 1252|
|2 GB||25 days||€4.44||D4 to 1252|
|5 GB||25 days||€8.50||4 to 19109|
|7 GB||25 days||€10.50||7 to 19109|
They have also introduced two Tourist Combo packs:
- 3 GB, 50 mins to all Greek numbers, 600 mins and 600 SMS to all Tazamobile users, 50 international call mins for 15 days: €8.50. Activation: text 'T1' to 1252.
- 7 GB, 120 mins to all Greek numbers, 1500 mins and 1500 SMS to all Tazamobile users, 120 international call mns for 30 days: €17. Activation: text 'T2' to 1252.
For social media, messaging and streaming, they have issued video, social and chat passes for €9 per month each.
There is generally no international roaming available on Tazamobile SIM cards. So any EU roaming regulations don't apply to them.
- Tethering: on Android phone sharing internet through WiFi hotspots works
- APN: APN normally given is “internet.vodafone.gr”, but some reports suggest “webonly.vodafone.gr” will allow tethering off a smartphone to multiple devices. An earlier contribution suggested “webcarta.vodafone.gr” does the same thing. In both cases username and password are left empty.
- Website: https://mytazamobile.com/
Wind is the smallest network provider in Greece. See above for more info regarding frequencies, speeds and coverage maps
F2G (for free to go) is the name of their prepaid talk, text and data line. The connection pack is free, but you have to buy a top-up card for €10 , €15 , €20 or €30. They can be done by international credit cards and PayPal, if you have registered online before.
So it's a better idea to buy the SIM card for €5 including €0.55 credit, 60 domestic mins, 50 domestic texts and 20 MB (valid for 30 days) but without top-up right from the start at their stores: Wind Store Locator. Default or above bundle rate is 1 EUR per 20 MB and day. Two different data packages can be booked on the F2G SIM:
- Data #2: 2 GB (+ 2 GB if activated online) for 30 days at €10.40
- Data #3: 6.5 GB for 30 days at €17.50
- Data #4: 4 GB (+ 100'to all if activated online) for 30 days at €10.40
- Data #5: 5 GB for 30 days at €12.90
- Data #10: 10 GB for 30 days at €17.50
- Smart Weekend: 3 GB for Sat/Sun at €2
- Smart Nights: 10 GB (10pm - 8am) for 30 nights at €5 (no roaming)
- Smart Week; 4 GB for 7 days: €5
- Smart Day: 1.5 GB for 24 hours: €1.50
A data bundle can be activated up to 4 times in a month on www.f2g.gr or the F2G app. They also offer combo packs called Blender for 30 days:
- 450 domestic mins, 120 domestic SMS, 1.2 GB data: €10.40
500 domestic mins, 150 domestic SMS, 1.5 GB data: €12 650 domestic mins, 100 domestic SMS, 2 GB data: €17.50
You can mix all three consumptions, but the value of the others will decrease.
There are new plans from F2G:
- Unlimited Talk Plus at 12.90€/30 days: unlimited calls to Greece, 200 SMS to Greek numbers and 2GB (plus potential up to 4GB more data with Tap & get it from the app)
- Unlimited Talk Max at 17.50€/30 days: unlimited calls to Greece, 400 SMS to Greek numbers and 4GB (plus potential up to 4GB more data with Tap & get it from the app)
- Unlimited Data at 15€/30 days : it requires a prior purchase of the Unlimited Talk Max above at 17.5€ and the plan is available for 3 days after the Unlimited Talk Max purchase
- Unlimited Data nights (only valid 10pm-8am)at 6€/30 days : it requires a prior purchase of the Unlimited Talk Plus (at 12.9€) or Max above (at 17.5€) and the plan is available for 3 days after the Unlimited Talk Plus/Max purchase
- Unlimited Data weekends (Sat-Sun) at 6€/30 days : it requires a prior purchase of the Unlimited Talk Plus (at 12.9€) or Max above (at 17.5€) and the plan is available for 3 days after the Unlimited Talk Plus/Max purchase
- Unlimited Data Day at 1.5€/24h
Wind also sells their prepaid data-only data-only SIM card called "SimpleFi on the go". The connection pack is sold online at €18 with a SIM and 20 GB data included for 60 days. Following top-ups are available:
- 2 GB for 30 days: €5
- 10 GB for 30 days: €10
- 15 GB for 60 days: €15
- 30 GB for 60 days: €25
These SIM cards cannot be loaded with normal Wind top-up cards, but only with special "mobile broadband" top-up cards which are not as widely available. To activate a pack, text the 16-digit number to 1268. To check data balance, text free SMS to 1228 with any content. This SIM is for data-only and no SMS, but those two service numbers.
Warning: Top-ups online are only possible 2 times within 30 days, so you have to buy more than one SIM card if you might need more than 50 GB per month.
EU roaming (except data-only "SimplFi on the go line")
From 2017 WIND prepaid customers can use their minutes, texts and data in 39 destinations across the EU without extra charges. This doesn't apply to their data-only "SimplFi on the go line" where EU roaming is blocked.
- APN: gint.b-online.gr /or/ gnet.b-online.gr
- There is no possibility to receive a SMS, that provides information or offers in English.
- Website partly in English: http://www.wind.gr
- You can manage your account and top-up with the F2G App available for Windows, Android and iOS phones. The App also works in English.
- The WIND F2G prepaid connection validity is 4 months since the last airtime renewal.
- Once your predefined SIM validity period of 4 months has expired, your outgoing calls are barred automatically. Since the barring date, you have another 35 days to renew your airtime & the connection lifecycle.
- If 35 days elapse, your WIND F2G prepaid number is automatically deleted.
Q is a subsidiary of Wind on their 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE network (for coverage see above). Unlike Cosmote and Vodafone, that have outsourced their sub-brands, Q is sold by Wind in most of their stores and integrated into their own product. They give the highest bonuses for top-ups and lowest rates (alongside with Frog) in the country.
Q starter packs are available for free at some kiosks and most Wind branded stores (store locator) with a scratch card for the top-up value.
You need to register and top-up online using an international credit card or PayPal. They give out a 500 MB bonus for the registration every month (not accumulable).
1 GB and 1500 Q mins: for an online top-up by credit card or PayPal or for a top-up more made in a Wind store of €10 or more for the first top-up only per calendar month.
Data feature packages
For data, Q offers these packages:
- 1.25 GB (only available online) per month: €6.90
- 1.5 GB (+ 1.5 GB when purchased online) per month: €8.50
- 2 GB (+ 2 GB when purchased online) per month: €10.40
- 3 GB for the weekend (Sat/Sun - only available online): €3
- 10 GB for 30 nights (only valid 10pm-8am): €5
Package is valid for 30 days and can be activated up to 4 times per month.
Thus, combining top-up and online bonuses with a data package, very good rates for data can be achieved. Default rate outside packages and bonuses is horrendous €1.20 per each 50 MB per day.
Combo packs 
In 2019 combo packs were introduced with voice to Greece and Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Norway, UK, USA.
- Q Star Auto (ΚΙΟΥ ΣΤΑΡ ΑUTO): 200 mins and 750 MB: €7
- Q Star Big Auto (ΚΙΟΥ ΣΤΑΡ ΜΠΙΓΚ AUTO): 350 mins and 1.25 GB: €12
- Q Star Huge Auto (ΚΙΟΥ ΣΤΑΡ ΧΙΟΥΤΖ ΑUTO): 500 mins and 1.75 GB: €17.50
These packages are available for 30 days from the activation date. A bonus may apply for 1st time activations. Unused volumes (mins and MB) rolls over to the next month, if the package is extended.
From 2017 all Q customers can use their allowances across the European Union without extra charges, except where limited by an EU cap.
- APN: myq
- Website in English: https://www.wind.gr/en/q/